How to Change Nameserver For a Domain
Nameservers are your primary DNS controller, and without the correct nameserver settings, your website won’t work correctly. Changing nameservers can be a fairly quick task. Nameservers changes do not propagate instantly, it may take up to 24 hours.
Changing Freenom nameserver
- Once you log in to Freenom, go to My Domains under the Services menu
- To manage the DNS servers you must click on Manage Domain within the domain you want to make the change
- Now go to Management Tools in the top menu and enter Nameservers
- On the Nameserves screen, activate the radio button that indicates the use of custom server names called use custom nameservers.
- Enter the DNS that we provide you when activating your service and click on Change nameservers.
Changing GoDaddy nameserver
- Go to DNS Management Interface and navigate to the “DNS” dropdown menu and click on “Manage Zones”
- Search for Your Domain Name, use the search box to search for your domain name.
- Select the “Enter my own nameservers (advanced)” option to specify your own custom namservers.
- Add our nameservers and finally, press the “Save” button to finish the configuration process
Changing Namecheap nameserver
- Sign in to your Namecheap account
- Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click the Manage button next to your domain:
- Find the Nameservers section and select your preferred option:
- Point your domain to our nameservers and click on the green checkmark to save the changes: